Client Relations & Event Specialist
Client Relations & Event Specialist
Reference # AC - 14925
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an Event Specialist to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office.
In conjunction with the Toronto event team, this role is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing a variety of client-facing and internal Firm events and seminars that meet the Firms’ business development objectives.
- Assisting and collaborating with the Business Development team, lawyers and other stakeholders to develop memorable, unique client events and experiences, including seminars, receptions, dinners and special events, and providing support for tradeshows, conferences and sponsorships
- Coordinating and executing events and seminars end-to-end, including, but not limited to, planning, budget management, logistics, tracking, creative components to event onsite support and post-event reporting ensuring logistics are executed seamlessly
- Working with the Business Development team to assist with managing invitation lists
- Developing and managing event critical path, day-of-event schedules and run sheets
- Gathering and helping to prepare event and seminar materials and AV requirements, involving coordinating in-house and offsite venue resources
- Supporting the Manager, Client Programming & Events with Firm retreats and annual Firm Partners’ Meetings
- Sourcing, negotiating, coordinating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and venues
- Working with the Creative Services and MarTech teams to draft various print and electronic materials and coordinating the process for electronic invitations and communications
- Keeping up to date on industry trends with an eye for implementing new ideas/experiences and improving the event management process
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent or a college diploma with a focus in marketing and/or events
- Minimum of three years of corporate event experience
- Outgoing, personable, able to think on their feet, excels in high-pressure scenarios and remains calms under pressure
- Flexibility with hours of work is required – events take place before and after normal working hours and occasionally on weekends
- Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, juggle multiple events and prioritize tasks accordingly in a fast-paced, busy work environment
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Comfort and confidence to work collaboratively with people at all levels
- Strong client-service approach and desire to meet high expectations
- Ability to take initiative, ownership of tasks, establish priorities and be accountable/responsible
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective problem-solving skills and judgment
- Strong logistical and planning skills
- A creative thinker who always strives to deliver the best possible outcome
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CMS
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email