Client Relations & Event Coordinator - 18 Month Contract
Client Relations & Event Coordinator (18-Month Contract)
Reference # AC - 14924
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an Event Coordinator to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office. This position is an 18-month contract.
Working with the Toronto event team, this role is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing a variety of client-facing and internal Firm, in-person and virtual events and seminars that meet the Firms’ business development objectives.
- Assisting and collaborating with the Business Development team, lawyers and other stakeholders to develop memorable, unique client events and experiences (in-person and virtual), including seminars, receptions, dinners and special events, and providing support for tradeshows, conferences and sponsorships
- Sourcing, negotiating, coordinating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and venues
- Webcast coordination including planning meetings, rehearsals, prep sessions, creation of run sheets, liaison with webcast providers, technical and live webcast support.
- Coordinating and executing events and seminars end-to-end, including, but not limited to, planning, budget management, logistics, tracking, creative components, event onsite support and post-event reporting, ensuring logistics are executed seamlessly
- Working with the Business Development team to assist with managing invitation lists
- Gathering and helping to prepare event and seminar materials and AV requirements, involving coordinating in-house and offsite venue resources
- Supporting the development and execution of Firm retreats and annual Firm Partners’ Meetings
- Coordination of client gifting and Blakes branded merchandise, including sourcing, ordering, tracking and shipping
- Working with the Creative Services and MarTech teams to draft print and electronic materials and coordinating the process for electronic invitations and communications
- Keeping up to date on industry trends with an eye for implementing new ideas/experiences and improving the event management process
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent or a college diploma with a focus in marketing and/or events
- Minimum of two years of corporate event experience
- Outgoing, personable, able to think on their feet, excels in high-pressure scenarios and remains calms under pressureFlexibility with hours of work is required – events take place before and after normal working hours and occasionally on weekends
- Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, juggle multiple events and prioritize tasks accordingly in a fast-paced, busy work environment
- Comfort and confidence to work collaboratively with people at all levels
- Strong client-service approach and desire to meet high expectations
- Ability to take initiative, ownership of tasks, establish priorities and be accountable/responsible
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective problem-solving skills and judgment
- Strong logistical and planning skills
- A creative thinker who always strives to deliver the best possible outcome
- Strong knowledge of Zoom and Teams to deliver webcasts in conjunction with the production agency.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Some knowledge of Interaction an advantage.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email