Mobile Application Developer
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite and cellular IoT-enabled solutions. MetOcean Telematics products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, defense, and security markets. For more than four decades they have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications, designed innovative hardware products, and created industry-leading software and situational awareness solutions. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is created, transmitted, received, processed, analyzed, and visualized in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Meridia Recruitment has partnered with MetOcean Telematics to recruit a Mobile Application Developer to join their team in Dartmouth, NS.
Reporting to the Director of Software & Applications within the Engineering Department, you will be responsible for building and maintaining mobile application for iOS and Android. This will encompass all application views that a user interacts with and interface to device telemetry. Your role also involves working closely with back-end developer to implement their serve-side work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, maintain and improve user experience for mobile platforms
- Optimize applications to improve performance
- Design mobile-based functionalities and features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with the software development team members to discuss and improve the usability and user experience
- Engage with existing back-end systems and development standards
- Experience developing mobile application using cross-platform development tools, React Native
- Excellent user interface design skills
- Experience integrating motion and positional, communication via BLE, TCP, and SMS
- Experience with databases technologies
- Ability to promote usability and user experience best practices
- Experience in C#, .NET Core and ReactJS is an asset
- Knowledge about object-oriented design and programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast- paced collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- High energy level with the ability to think creatively- passionate about the business
- Employer RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
- Corporate gym membership rate
- Generous vacation + personal day policies + paid time off over the holidays
- Training and development
- Monthly team building activities
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jessie MacDonald, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1214 or Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jessie know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email