Financial Reporting And Planning Analyst
Financial Reporting and Planning Analyst
We are pleased to be partnered with our client, EfficiencyOne in Dartmouth, NS to bring a Financial Reporting and Planning Analyst to their team. EfficiencyOne is a leader in the design and delivery of resource efficiency programs and services. They are proud to be recognized as an industry leader, an employer of choice and as an organization affecting positive change.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance the Financial Reporting and Planning Analyst is a member of the finance team responsible for leading the financial reporting and planning cycles for EfficiencyOne and its affiliates. They will ensure complete and accurate development of budgets, planning schedules and other financial documents/reports. Additional responsibilities include conducting research to prepare recommendations for best practice, policy, procedure, or controls, presenting to management and Finance Committee, and participating in other special projects as required. The role also provides support to the Finance Manager in reviewing and approving inputs from the accounting operations team prior to posting into the accounting system.
- Coordinating month-end process including accruals to ensure compliance with the established corporate guidelines
- Reviewing and preparing monthly financial statements and other financial data and reports to ensure accuracy
- Preparing and maintaining the cost allocation model monthly
- Preparing monthly Balance Sheet continuity schedules or working papers
- Playing a leading role in quarterly forecasts and annual budget process
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in financial reporting and planning
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining financial reporting processes and procedures
- Performing research on trends, best practices, policies and procedures and other special projects as required
- Exercising initiative in planning, organizing, and controlling work activity while managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Assisting in completion of external and Internal audit engagements
- Supporting the Finance Manager to review and approve payments, invoices, other journal entries
- Ability to provide helpful, supportive communication with management, peers, and clients both in person, over the phone, and in email
- Supporting EfficiencyOne by maintaining a safe and professional work environment, embracing the organizational culture, being an ambassador for the organization and respecting corporate policies
- Performing any other duties as required from time to time
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) plus 5 to 8 years’ accounting experience within a financial analysis role
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to apply critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Customer service focused with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all staff levels and the Board of Directors
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Proficient with MS Dynamics GP
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
Our client is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email