Reference # HL-14909
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure we consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is our commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled our growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carrier.
As a family owned business the members of the Seaboard Transport Group work together as a unit filled with transportation enthusiasts on the road, on the ground and in the office. Join them today as they are currently hiring an Operations Controller based in Dartmouth, NS.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Operations Controller will have the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day accounting functions for the operations and leading the accounting team.
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timely distribution of the monthly financial statements and interpreting and reporting the financial information and results.
- Managing a broad scope of functional areas including internal financial reporting, maintenance accounting and reporting, fuel management and transformational initiatives and other accountabilities.
- Responsible to lead the Operational accounting team to ensure completeness and accuracy of information and reporting and driving continuous improvement while developing individuals to advance in their skill set and careers
- Responsible for preparation of Operational budgets in coordination with Operating personnel and reporting key metrics.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process optimization of the finance function through innovation, technology, or process improvement.
- Work closely with operations management and leadership to provide support for analysis, special projects and financial projections.
- Key resource in annual audit of financial statements.
- Responsible for staffing and maintaining a positive engaged workplace.
- Special projects and other significant responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 5-8 years of finance and accounting experience.
- A CPA is a must.
- 3 years of experience managing a team.
- Accounting designation is required.
- Proven ability to manage a team.
- Strong background in change management and process improvement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- High level of self-motivation and energy.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Great Plains is considered an asset.
- Experience in the transportation industry is considered an asset.
If you are an experienced accounting professional who enjoys working closely with operations and leading a motivated team, this is a great opportunity for you. Connect with us today to hear more!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email