Project Manager - 6 Months Contract
Project Manager – 6 Month Contract
Reference # - AC 14903
Our client, a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy, and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. They have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from their offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
This role is responsible to manage and assist with the implementation of multiple, simultaneous projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget with assigned resources and meet the needs of the firm. Scope of this role includes the ability to perform business analysis functions. This role requires a team-oriented approach, the ability to work with people at all levels of responsibility within the firm.
- Independently manages the schedule of all project phases, inter-dependencies, governance, risks and milestones, update schedules and initiate corrective action through the project work stream Leader(s).
- Independently Maintains overall project plan using tools as assigned and support maintenance of issues log and status updates, changes as required for the project work stream.
- Ensuring that adequate resources (resource pools) are assigned to all project tasks. Elevates deficiencies to project work sponsor or governance committees.
- Ensuring that all problems related to tasks are being addressed and tasks are progressing as effectively as possible.
- Maintenance of overall budget and track overall costs for assigned work stream(s); ensures that all costs are accurately charged to the project.
- Provides communications to project team and stakeholders as required. Conducts regular project meetings with Director and distributing the minutes for these meetings in a prescribed form.
- Responsible for the preparation of business cases and RFP’s, RFI’s, tenders or quotes supporting specific initiatives across all projects.
- Partnering with business users to gather or confirm all requirements to formulate business specifications and translating those into business functionality.
- Independently documents workflows and results of business analysis and obtaining sign-off from users on specifications.
- Independently designs and executes test plans to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are implemented properly and meet objectives.
- Compare and contrast data
- Create Business case reports
- Research and discovery
- Systematic approach for communication roll-out
- Education: Post-secondary education Project management, business administration, a related discipline or equivalent work experience. A post-graduate education is considered and asset.
- Project Management Experience: 5 years proven project management experience providing implementation oversight to mid-scale IT infrastructure or business initiatives involving multiple vendors and stakeholders; managing multiple projects, prioritizing conflicting priorities with limited resources and successfully meeting project objectives.
- PM Methods: Knowledge and experience with Project Management methods and tools, ideally as it relates to management of a Project Management Office (PMO); PMP certification is considered an asset.
- Stakeholder Management/Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including management committees and technology service vendors.
- Influence and Results Orientation: Effective consensus building and facilitation skills with stakeholders that they may not directly control including an ability to turn consensus into actionable and deliverable (practical) solutions
- Negotiation: Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict in a positive fashion.
- Problem Solving and Analysis: Excellent abilities to analyze and interpret complex information to deliver a solution that meets business needs.
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities including the ability to engage stakeholders and build/maintain relationships. Previous experience working with Executive teams and Management Committees is essential.
- Law firm and multi-office experience an asset.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email