Coordinator, Professional Services
Coordinator, Professional Services
Reference # - AC 14902
Our client, a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy, and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. They have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from their offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Their Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Professional Resources Coordinator, reporting to the Director, Professional Resources and Chief Talent Officer.This role requires a candidate who is very client service oriented. The ideal individual will demonstrate a high level of professionalism, the ability to maintain confidentiality and exceptional attention to detail. Sophisticated communication skills and comfort interacting with people at all levels of responsibility within the firm are required. This role focuses on administrative activities which are critical to the success of recruitment and development of their students and associates.
- Coordinating student recruitment activities, including working with law schools to ensure the firm is signed up for on-campus interviews, career fairs, and orientation events.
- Liaising with students and the Law Societies to ensure student dues are paid.
- Preparing employment contracts and employment change memos from standard templates for approval and signature by the Director of Professional Resources and CTO.
- Maintaining and updating employment contract templates based on approval from the Director and CTO.
- Liaising with accounting to ensure that Professional Resources expenses are paid and reimbursed.
- Assisting with on-boarding procedures related to new students, associates, and partners, including communication to operations teams, preparation of new employee files, employment documentation, and orientation schedules.
- Assisting with off-boarding procedures related to departing students, associates, and partners including communication to operations teams, preparation of documentation and updating of relevant databases.
- Coordinating applications for Commissioner for Affidavits and Law Society enrollment.
- Assisting with coordination of annual compensation and budgeting processes.
- Assisting with coordination of student and associate review processes.
- Coordinating and preparing responses to annual NALP surveys.
- Providing administrative assistance related to confidential Professional Resources correspondence, reporting, etc.
- Assisting with Professional Resources event planning, including coordinating guest lists and catering.
- Coordinating and drafting recommendations for activities and logistics of various internal firm initiatives
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and administrative duties, as requested.
- Completion of post secondary degree or certificate in human resources, or similar degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of related human resources experience, in a law firm or similar environment.
- Knowledge of organizational requirements, operating procedures and policies of the human resource function.
- Ability to deliver effective, on-time results in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity within changing needs and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy at all times.
- Superior organizational skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working with viGlobal an asset (particularly, viEval and viRecruit).
- Experience interacting with accounting on a regular basis is an asset.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email