Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Reference # AC- 14892
Our nationally renowned legal client is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-visualization of their service offerings. Come join a culture that is collective, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and advances with the pace of business. They offer sophisticated legal and business advice that encourages efficiency, leverages their vast industry knowledge and their national resources for a predictable, effective service experience that solves their clients’ most multifaceted problems.
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager who can act as the Clients & Markets (C&M) Lead and main point-of-contact for select Industry and Market groups, and Clients, helping key stakeholders strategize and execute on marketing and business development efforts.
- Develop and implement end-to-end integrated marketing and business development plans and go-to-market strategies to win new mandates for both new and existing clients within assigned groups
- Leveraging firm best practices and advanced methodologies for target identification and pursuit.
- Recommending and executing tactics for increasing market profile.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Communications and Events teams on campaigns to support go-to-market strategies.
- Recommending approaches to build client relationships.
- Compile, review and analyze market, industry, and legal intelligence to identify trends and opportunities to drive new business opportunities for assigned groups and clients.
- Develop strategies to help lawyers within assigned groups build profile both internally and in the market.
- Provide recommendations, guidance, and project management for marketing and business development initiatives for assigned groups and clients, including support relating to sponsorships, events, awards, legal directories, and more.
- Collaborate with the Proposals team and/or lawyers to support RFP, proposals and pitch opportunities to win new business, as well as client reporting requests:
- Provide guidance and input to Proposals team, including reviewing proposal drafts and providing insight and edits on strategic proposal and pitch opportunities for assigned industries and priority clients.
- Provide strategic advice and coaching to lawyers in preparation for client presentations.
- Provide guidance and input on client requests for reporting of the firm’s value and offerings, collaborating with Finance and lawyers to ensure timely submission.
- Support other marketing and business development initiatives for assigned groups and clients, including collaborating with the Events and Communications teams on specific efforts.
- Collaborate with lawyers to develop annual budgets for assigned industry groups.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field and a minimum of six years of relevant experience, preferably in a legal or professional services firm.
- Strategic, out of the box thinker able to proactively devise new growth ideas.
- Strong communication and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while completing designated tasks in a systematic and logical way.
- Driven to produce high quality deliverables and deliver top-notch client service with great attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement principles.
This firm has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers consecutively for the last seven years. They are at the forefront of their industry in terms of innovation and pride themselves in their collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email