Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Corner Brook, NL
Reference # NH-14890
On behalf of one of the province’s longest standing and most successful companies, we are seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk. This role is an exciting career opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced team based in Corner Brook, NL.
As an important member of the financial team, the Accounts Payable Clerk will possess a keen ability to focus on details and accuracy. You are highly organized, able to prioritize, and you master the art of managing multiple tasks and requests with ease. You feel successful when you are completing a task on time, efficiently and correctly. While you work well independently, you’re also able to work well with your team, engage your internal clients and provide support in a positive and engaging manner.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing cheques
• Monitor invoices and credit memos for payment discrepancies
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Ensure all invoices are entered to meet month end deadlines
• Respond to internal and external enquiries as well as ensuring resolutions of problems
• Process Wire Payments, EFTs, and other Manual Payments
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Superb time management abilities
• Excellent people and strong verbal communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
• A problem solver, skilled at identifying issues and excellent resolution skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Proven track record of working effectively with a team supporting internal clients
• 3-5 years in a similar role
• Diploma with focus on Accounting
This is the opportunity to advance your accounting career with one of the province’s best employers. To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. For more information, contact Natalie Hand at 709.722.6925. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email