Maintenance Crew Lead
Maintenance Crew Lead
AM - 14859
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Trim Landscaping, a full-service landscaping company, to recruit a Maintenance Crew Lead to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
For over a decade, Trim Landscaping has provided families, businesses, the city of Halifax and the people of Nova Scotia with extraordinary outdoor living spaces. As a unified team, the people at Trim are driven to transform outdoor spaces into the oasis their clients deserve. If it can be imagined, Trim can design, build, and maintain it.
As the Maintenance Crew Lead, you will put your problem-solving skills to work, recommending solutions that increase effectiveness and efficiency while ensuring results meet or exceed traditional standards. You will utilize your leadership skills to develop a strong team that communicates well and supports one another. Production-oriented, you know how to motivate and get the best results from your team, but you also advocate for and ensure their safety without compromise. Most important, you lead by example.
By joining Trim Landscaping, you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-moving organization that has grown to be one of the largest landscaping companies in the Atlantic provinces in just over a decade. You will have the ability to make an impact on the future success of your team by establishing a strong track record of positive results, be part of a culture that challenges its employees to improve, learn new skills and solve any issues brought forward by customers. In return for the skillset and expertise you bring, you will be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a company vehicle and cell phone.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading a team of 2-4 staff, scheduling and delegating tasks to meet deadlines on a variety of residential and commercial maintenance projects;
• Providing quality workmanship on maintenance tasks, including but not limited to, edging and cultivating beds, weeding, mulching, mowing, trimming, planting, cleanup, and new installations;
• Performing snow removal tasks throughout the winter months, when applicable;
• Fostering strong working relationships with team members and clients to achieve the project goals and vision;
• Maintaining open communication with clients, team members and other various stakeholders, responding to emails and inquiries as required;
• Consulting on installation projects, offering support and helpful ideas to other crew leads across the organization;
• Monitoring all tools, equipment and machinery for required maintenance;
• Taking steps to minimize any project risk and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are being met within your assigned projects.
This position could be an ideal fit if you have demonstrated the ability to lead a team and have the initiative and problem-solving skills to take on tasks and projects with limited supervision. You have a successful track record of being solutions oriented and are able to think quickly to find a way forward to ensure customer’s needs are being met. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual looking for growth and the opportunity to play an integral role in moving a local business forward.
Your qualifications will include:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in landscape maintenance related role;
• Previous experience in a team leader role, preferably in a landscape, gardening or property maintenance position;
• Ability to effectively problem solve and take initiative to successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize;
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a truck and trailer;
• Certified Horticulture Technician designation would be a definite asset;
• Some travel will be required for this position.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-4407 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email