Project Manager, Operations
Project Manager, Operations
AM – 14812
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Killam Apartment REIT, one of Canada’s largest residential landlords, to recruit a Project Manager, Operations to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Killam Apartment REIT (TSX:KMP.UN), is a growth-oriented real estate investment trust which owns, manages and develops multi-family residential properties in Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia. Killam is focused on maximizing its value and long-term profitability through increasing earnings, expanding the portfolio through acquisitions and developing high-quality properties in its core markets.
As the Project Manager, Operations, you will assume responsibility for maintaining Killam’s national portfolio of properties working closely with Property Managers across the country. Your problem-solving skills will be applied as you recommend innovative methods to capital projects that increase effectiveness and efficiency, with the goal of achieving maximum productivity and project excellence. Your people and communication skills will be leveraged to build strong relationships with a collaborative team of construction professionals who match your drive for excellence. Your solution focused and team-oriented attitude will ensure that projects meet all quality standards and budgetary requirements, and your expertise in risk management enable you to minimize any associated project risk identified during the construction process.
By joining Killam, you’ll be part of a Halifax based organization that is proud to be making contributions to the growth and development of Atlantic Canada. Killam is a leader in ESG practices within the Canadian multi-residential real estate sector, and they demonstrate that commitment by investing in the training and development of their employees, championing diversity and inclusion policies and practices and embracing new technology and initiatives that increase sustainability and lower their carbon footprint. Above all, Killam is focused on ensuring residents love the place they call home.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing direction to contractors and professionals in various settings, including, but not limited to, building envelope, roofing, cladding, window, mechanical and HVAC projects;
• Actively participating in long-term, and ongoing, capital planning;
• Providing technical advice to Property Managers on issues related to renovations, maintenance, and capital projects, as well as scheduling and project planning support;
• Participating in the management, planning, and approval of capital spending and related budgets for Killam’s national portfolio of properties;
• Leading, motivating, negotiating and developing strong working relationships with managers, vendors, contractors and other stakeholders;
• Seeking continuous improvement in processes and procedures relating to project management including the preparation of tender documents, performing site inspections, generating deficiency lists and project close out documentation;
• Developing organizational benchmarks and quality standards as they relate to capital projects, to drive ongoing improvements;
• Taking steps to minimize any project risk and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are being met within your project.
This position could be an ideal fit if you have experience managing a variety of projects in building construction, have a successful track record of being solutions oriented, and are able to think quickly to find a way forward in a challenging situation. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a company that has a major presence in Atlantic Canada and is focused on continuously growing their portfolio coast to coast.
Your qualifications will include:
• Minimum of two to three years of experience in a similar role;
• Formal training and/or experience working with building code, fire code and building systems, in particular building envelope, roofing, and windows;
• Ability to investigate and provide solutions to deficiencies in building envelope;
• Outstanding project leadershipand organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence project teams and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues to bring the project to successful completion;
• Strong decision-making skills and business acumen;
• Exceptional project tracking tools, written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Formal project and/or construction management training would be considered an asset;
• Ability to meet travel requirements of the position.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-4407 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email