Land Use Planner
Land Use Planner
Reference # AC- 14798
Our client, a leading national law firm, focused on serving the transaction, advocacy, and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. They have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from their offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary. Their Toronto office is currently recruiting for an energetic and experienced Land Use Planner in their Municipal, Planning and Environmental Law Group within their Advocacy Department. This role will support a busy group of lawyers with a focus on municipal and planning law, as well as lawyers in their Real Estate Group.
- Assist in development application preparation and submission under the Planning Act.
- Conduct research and technical analysis of land use planning policies and regulations.
- Research and write planning reports and opinions.
- Attend at uncontested committee of adjustment hearings.
- Assist with preparation for hearings before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
- Liaise with clients in public and private sectors.
- University degree in land use planning.
- Minimum of 3-5 years planning experience, especially in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and/or Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Thorough knowledge of the Planning Act and related legislation.
- Strong research, writing and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines/priorities.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email