Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Halifax or Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
Our client, ABLE Engineering Services Inc. is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm with offices in the HRM, South Shore and Annapolis Valley that is experienced in the design of a wide range of projects. They excel in civil and structural engineering, surveying and the design of infrastructure systems for commercial, residential, government and industrial projects. ABLE Engineering is in search of a Civil Engineer to join their team in Halifax or the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be an integral part of the engineering team developing and implementing technical solutions that suit client needs. You will participate in all project phases for a variety of projects, from proposal preparation, feasibility assessment and detailed design, through to tendering, construction, and commissioning.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing civil engineering designs and completing analysis, cost estimates and construction specifications for multiple concurrent projects
- Participating in a wide range of projects including the design and analysis of linear infrastructure, streets and sidewalks, roads and highways, water supply networks, sewers, stormwater systems, solid waste management and disposal systems, etc.
- Assisting in estimating project costs and monitoring project progress
- Interacting with clients, building relationships, and effectively communicating project status in terms of scope, schedule, and budget
As a Civil Engineer, you understand the importance that municipal works and infrastructure bring to a community, and you enjoy working on a wide range of projects. You are a natural when it comes to teamwork, enjoy sharing your knowledge with junior staff and have a way of motivating your teammates to produce excellent results together.
Your qualifications include:
- 4+ years of civil/municipal engineering experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post secondary institution
- Experience in consulting is an asset
- Experience with proposal writing considered an asset
- Membership in good standing with Engineers Nova Scotia or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Familiarity with and understanding of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficient knowledge and experience with design software
- Excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
This is an opportunity to join a locally owned, growing company, that has strong roots here in Nova Scotia. As a Civil Engineer with ABLE Engineering, you will have a capable and diverse team supporting your work, the opportunity to lead a team, and be presented with projects that will help you develop professionally in a firm that is employee owned. This is an opportunity for you to have all of the benefits Halifax or the Annapolis Valley has to offer from a lifestyle perspective in a beautiful Nova Scotia, without losing the professional development this role will afford you.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email