Reference # HL-14788
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University (SMU) is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
We are excited to partner with SMU in the search for a Financial Analyst to join their growing financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team. Under the direction of the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the Financial Analyst is responsible for reviewing and/or populating the annual budget templates for SMU and its departments for the following funds: operating and internally restricted reserves, capital and special projects.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Working with Budget Owners assigned to draft, version multiple revisions of the budgets and load budgets into Vena.
- Reviewing and/or populating the quarterly/monthly forecast templates for SMU and its departments for the following funds: operating and internally restricted, capital and special projects.
- Working with budget owners assigned to draft, version and load forecast into Vena.
- Providing monthly/quarterly and annual budget and cost variance analyses for senior finance management and academic budget owners and Department Chairs.
- Acting as a continuous improvement champion for the department and the University as support to the Manager, FP&A and individually.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration (or similar) paired with 1-3 years of similar finance and accounting experience.
- Completion of CPA designation (or current enrolment) is a significant asset.
- Understanding of current accounting policies and practices, including accounting for not-for-profit organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of financial, fund and managerial accounting, financial systems, internal controls, financial analysis, and reporting is required.
- Above average interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and advanced skills in Excel.
If you are a finance and accounting professional ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in SMU’s exciting history, connect with us today!
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Visit their website at www.smu.ca.
At Saint Mary's University equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email