Accountant/Senior Accountant, Assurance and Accounting
Mount Pearl, NL
MNP prides themselves on being different – it’s the entrepreneurial drive that sets them apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped them become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. They foster collaboration, value ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. They are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum! We are currently seeking an Accountant to join their growing MNP Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything they do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Their Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures their clients are always well protected and positioned.
The Accountant/Senior Accountant will be responsible will for working with a variety of clients and will provide technical expertise to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business. Demonstrating a solid understanding of a broad range of public accounting, finance and consulting concepts, you will effectively manage complex projects and engagements, resolve client issues using strong technical skills and accounting experience, ensure accuracy and quality in all deliverables, and maintain knowledge of business trends and emerging industry developments.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
• Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
• Prepare financial statements and corresponding notes
• Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards
• Respond to client questions and queries
• Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
• Complete bank and other account reconciliations
• Prepare government remittances
• Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities and deadlines
• Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
• Develop and maintain relationships with client management
• Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
• Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
• Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
We are seeking an innovative, dedicated, and hardworking professional who is motivated to create a positive impact on clients and team members. The ideal candidate will be working toward or will have completed a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in public accounting or have an equivalent combination of public accounting experience/education.
Your exceptional communication skills will compliment your solid understanding of business, accounting, management, and practice development principles. Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Quickbooks and Sage 50, along with strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click the "Apply Now" button below. For more information, contact Krista Power at 709.722.4462. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email