Reference # JG-14744
Nautics Group is a global leader servicing the law enforcement and government markets with unique electronics solutions from an established office in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Nautics Group to recruit for a Firmware Engineer role to build on Nautics Groups embedded capabilities within the Engineering Team. The role will encompass being an integral member of the multi-disciplinary Engineering Team with a focus on hands on embedded Firmware Development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop firmware solutions from prototype through to production while working with our hardware team
- Work as part of a team or solo on bleeding edge research and development projects
- Create value as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team developing IoT and high-speed devices
- A creative thinker who is not afraid to look outside the box for a solution
- At least 5 years industry experience
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Demonstrable skills with Embedded C programming
- Good design and communication skills, including design diagrams and descriptions for use by other team members
- Experience with embedded communication protocols; I2C, UART, SPI, USB, et
- Experience with debugging your work with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, et
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
Valued Additional Experience:
- Experience with C++/Python/C#
- Embedded Linux development
- Experience with Real-time Audio Streaming
- App development for iOS/Android
- Experience with various source code management tools, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. and agile methodologies such as Scrums and Sprints
- Applicants based in Nova Scotia with a relevant Engineering Degree and required experience will be highly regarded
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Jessie MacDonald, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1129. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jessie know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email