Reference # AC - 14703
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Research Consultant to join the Practice Innovation team.
The Research Consultant will work closely with the Manager, Library & Legal Research and other research consultants to complete legal and business research.
They are looking for a candidate with some flexibility in their work hours so we can coordinate research coverage across time zones within Canada. Applicants located outside of the Toronto area will be considered. The ability to work remotely and in-office is required.
- Providing timely, high-quality, focused and complex legal and business research services to lawyers, articling and summer students, law clerks, and staff using numerous print and online resources
- Managing, curating and delivering news alerts using a variety of media monitoring resources
- Researching Canadian and international legal and business issues using case law, legislation, and print and electronic resources
- Providing citation-checking services using knowledge of Canadian and American legal citation rules
- Preparing legislative updates and histories for practice groups, internal client teams and clients
- Providing research and reference services to lawyers, articling and summer students, Client Relations & Marketing, and other departments
- Working closely with the other members of the Research Services team in coordinating and completing research requests
- Working closely with members of the Technical Services team regarding print and electronic resources
- Working with vendors on the testing, training, implementation and use of electronic products
- Developing relationships with colleagues in other lending libraries
- Knowledge of the Canadian legal system (legislative, judicial and executive), areas and sources of law, court procedures, and the Parliamentary and legislative processes
- Familiarity with the law, legal systems and legal proceedings in the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth jurisdictions
- Knowledge of legal research methodology and legal information sources
- Advanced online research skills, including knowledge of content and functionality of different resources, knowledge of legal taxonomy and the ability to perform sophisticated and complex searches
- Familiarity with business research tools
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in providing one-on-one and group instruction
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle competing priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email