Business Intake/ Conflicts Analyst
Business Intake/Conflicts Analyst
Reference # AC – 14701
Our Client, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Business Intake/Conflicts Analyst. The position will be supported through either their Vancouver or Calgary office, but report to their General Counsel’s Office in Toronto.
The preferred hours of work for this position are 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) or 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time), with the request to be available for overtime from time to time, as required.
- The timely execution of conflict searches and analysis of search data to ensure a thorough review of potential conflicts
- Conducting conflict of interest searches according to the Firm’s defined procedures and using the Firm’s new conflict searching software
- Defining appropriate search parameters, searching multiple databases to identify potential conflicts of interest and other risk issues such as sanctions, and preparing and curating conflict reports for the Firm’s lawyers to review
- Ensuring all relevant information is captured, recorded, and maintained in accordance with defined policies and procedures in the Firm’s databases
- Providing coaching and assistance to legal assistants as needed to ensure all required information for new matter opening is captured and recorded accurately, and information for existing matters is updated in a timely manner
- Participating in ensuring policies, procedures and database structures are continuously reviewed and modified to meet changing requirements; the scope of initiatives can range from day-to-day small continuous improvements to the development of new tracking and reporting systems
- Supporting key projects and initiatives undertaken by the General Counsel’s Office as required to manage the Firm’s risk, as well as participating in all required clerical and administrative needs for effective functioning of the office
- Applying sound judgement to ensure effective review of conflicts and knowing when to escalate issues
- Three to five years of professional work experience in a law firm preferred
- Research and analytical experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer-service attitude with the ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Sound judgement and decision-making abilities that can be relied on by all levels of management
- Strong relationship-building skills within the department and across departments
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed, troubleshoot problems and participate in developing solutions
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email