Reference # JG-14698
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their System Administrator in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, the System Administrator will work on the team responsible for the administration, maintenance, and monitoring of the BF&M network and server infrastructure, as well as for planning and deploying new systems. The candidate will be based in Halifax and may occasionally be required to travel to other offices in Bermuda and the Caribbean. The candidate should have experience working with distributed teams and remote resources.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, install, and manage Windows, Linux and FreeBSD servers and virtual machines, as well as other IT hardware components
- Script and automate routine system and user management tasks
- Provide tier two IT support to business users
- Design, implementation and maintenance of tools to support ITIL management functions
- Contribute to the development of standard build and hardening processes, security standards, and team procedures
- Prioritize, test, and deploy software updates for security and functional issues
- Contribute to system architecture standards
- Capacity planning and monitoring
- Follow and uphold security policies
- Act as a technical resource in support of other business and IT projects as required
- Take part in the team’s out-of-hours on-call schedule as required
- Three or more years of experience as a system administrator in a mixed Windows and Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong conceptual understanding of TCP/IP networking in a typical enterprise environment
- Experience administering Virtualization platforms, preferably Hyper-V
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A disciplined approach to work, with high attention to detail and a cautious approach when working on production systems
The following qualifications are considered an asset:
- Administration of Citrix VDI environment
- Microsoft SCCM, and end point management
- Checkpoint VPN
- Cisco Unified Call Manager
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 or later
- SQL Database Administration
- SharePoint Administration
- Administration of Load balancers
- Working with Data Loss Prevention Solutions
- HP storage, including 3PAR SAN and StoreOnce appliances
- HP Data Protector
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Senior Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email