Reference # AC- 14684
Meridia has partnered with one of Canada's leading litigation practice in Toronto, and they are looking for a Project Specialist to join their team. The client has various clients, from pharmaceutical, leading multinational technology companies, financial institutions, professionals, business owners, executives, and public figures.
The Project Specialist (PS) will join the Process Improvement & Project Management team under the leadership of the Senior Project Manager. Primary responsibilities will involve supporting our Senior Manager in managing internal projects from concept to closing & transfer to internal owners, and expanding the project management practices to other groups.
- The Project Specialist (PS) will join the Process Improvement & Project Management team under the leadership of the Senior Project Manager. Primary responsibilities will involve supporting our Senior Manager in managing internal projects from concept to closing & transfer to internal owners, and expanding the project management practices to other groups.
- To thrive in this role, the Project Specialist will have a passion for project management
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Bring a positive, proactive, solution-oriented approach to the role
- Possess the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Possess the ability to handle a busy work environment with interruptions and competing priorities
- Be willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done yet able to see the bigger picture
- Possess a toolkit of project management skills to adapt and build the services and function to fit a range of circumstances
- Be very tech savvy and forward thinking
- Provide support to management for any given internal project from concept to closing using appropriate scaled methodology
- Developing and executing project plans, including risk, scope, communication, and schedules
- Tracking, monitoring, and communicating project progress against the project plan, budget, and other quality measures
- Identifying, handing, and resolving conflict effectively
- Recommending effective corrective action as required
- Identifying needs and collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure implementation and successful adoption of the project for go-live
- Facilitating high-level decisions making mid to low-level decisions and obtaining necessary approvals
- Crafting and driving communications within the team and with the vendors including meetings, status reports, follow up reports
- Initiating and facilitate after-action reviews
- Ensuring project compliance with the Firm filing policy
- Contribute to guiding and supporting other members of the broader team as needed
- Co-develop and provide project management training and coaching services and materials as needed in execution of the group’s broader plan
- Other Duties as and when required
- Post-secondary education in business, technology or law is required
- CAPM is required (may be completed on the job if candidate possesses significant PM experience), PMP is seen as a plus
- A minimum of three years project management experience
- Process improvement (Lean Sigma) is a valued asset
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to see plans through to successful implementation
- Quick to learn
- Ability to multi-task and work with flexibility from competing tasks and interruptions
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills and a high degree of comfort with data and numbers
- Proactive and driven to learn and grow in the role
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruiting Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email