Human Resources Business Partner (People)
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner (People)
Location: Remote in Canada or USA
Since inception, crypto has been changing the world - and the Kraken team is leading the charge. Over the last decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world; they are changing the way we think about money and finance. With a staff of nearly 1800 in over 60 countries, the business is on an exciting trajectory and is looking to add an outstanding Human Resource Business Partner to their People team.
As the HRBP you will work on the Global People Operations team and provide support to various business units. You will be the main point of contact for each business unit supporting them through a variety of HR tasks such as onboarding and offboarding of staff, performance management and employee engagement, internal movement and supporting the development and roll out of new policies and processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with business unit leaders and the broader Kraken Experience team while developing solutions, programs, and policies that will enhance all phases of the ‘Krakenite’ life-cylce
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of Krakenites, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Providing high level support to management and Krakenites while improving working relationships, building morale, and increasing productivity, engagement, and retention
- Providing guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Owning the creation and maintenance of Kraken partner related policies and process documentation (i.e. offboarding, internal transfers, personal information changes, time tracking, and other HRIS business processes as requested) and diligently following up to get policy appropriately approved, implemented, and communicated
- Partnering with business unit leaders to create high-quality customized performance management procedures that align with the company-wide processes
- Regularly seeking out opportunities for improvement in all partner processes including identifying and executing on automation opportunities
- Taking ownership of Partner related Service Desk tickets and assisting the rest of the team in responding to and resolving requests as needed
- Partnering with the legal department as needed/required to successfully execute the Partner duties and responsibilities
- Assisting with general policy distribution, upkeep, and company communication and providing guidance and interpretation to management and employees
- Developing an organized process for auditing our HR database and documentation regularly while escalating any issues or discrepancies as appropriate
- Assisting in the administration, tracking, and support for company-wide Performance Management and Engagement Survey processes as requested
You have a passion for people and a devotion to the employee experience that have made you stand out amongst your peers. Supporting a global team you are flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic about the employee experience and the role you can play in supporting Krakenites at all levels of the business. You have a proven ability to thrive in a growing start up environment and have helped organizations with a global presence build up their HR capacity. You are also able to leverage your traditional HR experience to provide support and guidance in drafting standard contracts.
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years as a Human Resources Business Partner supporting international teams
- Knowledge of international employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Experience working in a remote, globally distributed team in a fast-paced high-growth environment strongly preferred
- Experience at a technology company or highly successful start-up strongly preferred
- Proactive problem solver and disciplined self-starter that thrives in an ambiguous environment with ever-changing priorities
- Appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other employees
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Workday experience strongly preferred
This is an opportunity to leverage your experience to support Kraken on its quest to become a destination for industry talent. You will be given the support and resources necessary to achieve this vision and will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team while doing so. By joining this mission driven organization, you’ll be part of a diverse group of thinkers and doers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email