Job Title: Training Manager
Reference: KR- 14593
Since inception, crypto has been changing the world - and the Kraken team is leading the charge. Over the last decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world; they are changing the way we think about money and finance. With a staff of over 1300 employees in over 60 countries, the business is on an exciting trajectory and is looking to add an outstanding Training Manager to their Client Engagement team.
Striving to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrencies and understanding that crypto isn’t straightforward for most people yet, Kraken sees their support offering as a key differentiator in this space. Their market share and service offerings have expanded at a remarkable rate over the past two years, and therefore their volume of requests, support channels, relative complexity of requests and headcount has also increased. We are seeking an experienced, results-driven Training Manager to develop, implement and oversee e-learning and instructor-led training for all teams within the Client Engagement (CE) organization. Directly managing and supporting the development of a team of trainers and reporting directly to Client Engagement’s Director of Operations, you would be responsible for driving the training strategy for Kraken’s diversely talented, global and remote Client Engagement team
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and continuously developing comprehensive training and learning and development programs for the Client Engagement organization
- Facilitating quick and effective training of CE team members using a combination of e-learning and instructor led training sessions (remotely)
- Building and managing Client Engagement’s Training team, directly managing 5-10 Trainers
- Partnering with Data teams to establish and build on performance monitoring systems for trainees and training processes, leveraging these systems to develop continuous feedback loops with other teams in order to optimize CE recruiting, training and coaching efforts
- Working closely with Kraken’s Learning & Development team to ensure that CE’s instructional design strategies remain in alignment with company direction and that CE training content meets company quality standards
- Developing and refining a convention allowing the Training team to intimately understand intricate and multi-dimensional learning objectives and producing straightforward training content that promotes full understanding from CE team members
- Fostering strong collaborative relationships with CE’s Operations Managers to promote operational efficiency and excellence on the Training team and across all functional areas of our organization
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, proactively communicating progress and shifting priorities with stakeholders and CE leadership
- Producing dashboards, roadmaps, plans and other documentation to support Training team efforts, proactively communicate project statuses and manage stakeholder expectations
In this role, you would partner with stakeholders on CE’s leadership team to construct and refine training strategies for all groups, develop and employ a framework to identify learning and development opportunities for CE workers and manage CE’s use of Kraken’s Learning Management System and other internal knowledge sharing tools. Your passion for leveraging training in a remote environment to create an efficient workforce should be second to none. You are highly resourceful, collaborative and creative in your approach to problem solving and strategic planning. You are a strategic thinker with strong communication, presentation and project management skills who thrives in fast-paced environments. This is both a strategic and hands-on leadership role.
Your qualifications include:
- 10+ years of experience developing and delivering educational content for groups of 20+ trainees on large and remote technical support teams, preferably in cryptocurrency, financial services, or a related industry
- 5+ years of experience managing high performing teams of trainers or learning & development specialists
- Strong written, spoken, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical explanations into easily digestible material and cater training approach to a wide range of audiences
- Ablility to balance a high level of tenacity with adaptability and a holistic outlook in order to effectively prioritize and manage team workload to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, dynamic and fast paced organization
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of how to leverage trainee and training process KPIs
- Creative and curious self-starter with a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic
- Passionate about teaching in remote environments and making the best use of resources
- A high level of comfort with project and workstream management tools like Wrike, Confluence and Jira
- Motivation to accelerate global cryptocurrency adoption through outstanding client support
- Familiarity with Kraken’s products is an asset
This is an opportunity to use your experience to create an innovative and industry leading training program. By leveraging best practices and creative ideas, this is your opportunity to make a difference to the service level Kraken is able to provide. You will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team and will be given the necessary resources to be successful. By joining this mission driven organization, you’ll be part of a diverse group of thinkers and doers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicole Orr, Recruitment Specialist at 902-318-1521 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Nicole know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email