Senior Payroll Administrator
Senior Payroll Administrator
Reference # HL-14573
On behalf of our client, St. Francis Xavier University (StFX), a top-ranking Canadian University, we are seeking a Senior Payroll Administrator to be a part of their team. Under the supervision of the Manager Payroll, Benefits and Pension, the Senior Payroll Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the University's payroll and benefits programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processes annual payroll of fifty-seven million for an average of eight hundred full-time, part-time and contract employees on a bi-weekly basis accurately and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Employee set up/data entry to ADP Human Resources Management System.
- Ensures adherence to governing legislation and regulations, best practices, University policies and collective agreements.
- Responsible for year-end balancing and production of tax forms, balancing statutory deductions to CRA and investigate/correct any discrepancies.
- Creates and runs audit reports on all employee data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity.
- Administration of EZLM Time and Attendance module, including calculating and uploading accrual balances annually and assisting supervisors and employees with inquiries.
- Administers all types of leaves while adhering to collective agreements and handbooks (i.e. maternity, sabbatical, sick, etc.)
- Administers the university benefit plans and defined contribution pension plan which includes ensuring employees are enrolled when eligible, monthly remittances of premiums and contributions and balancing GL accounts monthly.
- Receives documentation for all new hires, bonus payments and stipends, for all salary changes regarding transfers, promotions, market increases and performance/merit increases and ensures these changes are reflected accurately in the payroll system and meet audit requirements.
- Creates reports for importing data for mass changes into ADP people@work and pay@work.
- Supports other areas of the Human Resource function as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting or related field.
- Canadian Payroll Association (PCP and/or CPM) designation required.
- Three to five years' experience working with large complex payroll system.
- Strong payroll systems experience (ADP would be an asset).
- Knowledge of relevant payroll legislation and general accounting principles.
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle and maintain confidential material.
- Proven research, analytical, and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, competing tasks and priorities.
- Experience interpreting collective agreements would be a significant asset.
If you are an experienced payroll professional interested in thriving in a dynamic environment at one of Canada’s top University’s, this is the opportunity for you. Apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com.
Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. StFX respects diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups.
If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process and/or wish to self-identify, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email