Senior Business Analyst - Group Underwriting
Senior Business Analyst – Group Underwriting
Our client Medavie Blue Cross for over 75 years has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. They are proud to be a not-for-proﬁt organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where they live and work, and to ensuring their employees thrive in their award-winning, collaborative culture. They are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Their team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. They excel by living their shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. They are committed to ensuring the health and wellness of their employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of their organization. Along with Medavie Health Services, they are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, their mission is to improve the well-being of Canadians.
Now, on their behalf, we are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join this incredible organization.
This technical role is primarily focused on supporting the Group Underwriting Best Practice Team in organizational-wide projects and deliverables with an emphasis on managing customer focused financial solutions for new and existing group benefit programs that are in line with Medavie's growth and margin targets. The Group Underwriting Best Practice team supports both the brokerage and corporate business Group Underwriting markets.
- Support underwriting projects related to new sales, renewals, block management, process improvement, driving revenue growth targets and providing subject matter expertise
- Identify opportunities for underwriting systems and process re-engineering as well, lead automation projects and the review of underwriting tool design and redesign for integration Underwriter daily use.
- Provide technical training to Underwriters in all regions, including developing and maintaining underwriting tools
- Participate on business integration strategies across the organization in all regions that will drive enhanced revenue and margin expansion under the Group Underwriting scope
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in other internal departments outside the Best Practice Team including Leadership, Sales and other stakeholders as required and to to develop and deliver on pre- and post-renewal strategies, supporting the financial requirement of the client
- Provide guidance to the Group Underwriting Best Practice Analyst as required
- Acts as a subject matter expert in strategic initiatives by partnering with IT in support of technology enablement
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Contribute to the resolution of both business requirements and system issues and communication system solutions in business and technical terms
- Education: Post-secondary education in Actuarial Sciences (i.e., Mathematics, Statistics), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field GBA or CEBS designation an asset
- Work Experience: 5+ years previous experience as an analyst/underwriting in the group insurance industry
- Work experience in other related roles will also be considered an asset such as: actuarial analytics, data science, mathematics, statistics, computer programming, finance, accounting or business analytics
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Macros and knowledge in Visual Basic Applications (VBA); familiarity and comfort working with complex excel formulas required
- Strong knowledge of Group underwriting, benefits, contract terminology, funding methodologies and claim processes
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of complex, diverse functions, meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Outside the box thinking to create efficiency around work
- Continuously improve your knowledge in group benefits in the changing environment
- A team player, with ability to work and communicate with various departments
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, highly driven, team player, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize time sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Language Skills: Bilingualism English and French is an asset
Our client, Medavie Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, a Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, a Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email