Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Parrsboro, Nova Scotia
As part of Terravest Group, Granby Furnaces Inc. is a Canadian manufacturing leader in heating products such as oil-fired warm furnaces, oil-fired hot water boilers, wood-fired warm air furnaces and boilers, electric furnaces, and other miscellaneous products such as air handlers. Using state-of-the-art equipment and technology which include CNC Punching Machines & Laser Cutting Equipment, Granby Furnaces designs and manufactures its own products. They are looking to recruit a Plant Manager for their manufacturing facility in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia.
As the Plant Manager you will report to the General Manager and be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility and assisting with day-to-day operations. You will oversee the management of the manufacturing system and production scheduling, as well as provide planning and oversight for both shipping and procurement departments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading production planning using the SAP manufacturing system;
- Managing plant employees through supervisors and group leaders;
- Hiring of new employees;
- Developing and implementing production improvement initiatives while continuously gathering feedback from employees on areas they feel are important;
- Managing EHS in accordance with company practices and Nova Scotia regulations;
- Coordinating with other Terravest facilities;
- Traveling throughout North America when needed.
As the ideal Plant Manager you have a manufacturing background and have provided leadership to employees. You understand the importance of employee engagement and are known for partnering with staff to identify opportunities for improvement and solve problems. As someone who is mechanically inclined, you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty; you aren’t afraid to jump in to help where it’s needed.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration or any related field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with some experience managing staff. Managing production, purchasing, planning, technical projects, or other operations functions will all be considered relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and quality systems;
- Knowledge of EHS systems;
- Strong communication skills and a real team player.
This is a great opportunity to step into a leadership position where you will be given the opportunity to grow and learn in your role and with the Terravest Group of companies. You will be part of an organization that creates products that are needed and used all over North America and invests in state-of-the-art equipment to support the production of its products. The working atmosphere at Granby Furnaces is a positive one where employees are committed to their roles. And if you enjoy a smaller town, you’ll find true community feeling through the organizations Parrsboro roots.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email