Reference # HL-14546
We are working on an exciting opportunity for an accounting professional who is looking to continuously grow in their role. Our client is a leader in their industry with their corporate office based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. They provide their customers with the best products, services and prices. As a well-established organization with a strong reputation in their field we are excited to partner with them on an Accounting Clerk role. They are looking to bring an experienced accounting professional to their team.
The Accounting Clerk will provide clerical support to the accounting, sales, service and purchasing departments with day-to-day transactions in accounts receivable, payable and inventory control.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and submitting customer invoices
- Coding, posting and receipt payments
- Preparing and coordinating deposit activities
- Monitoring customer accounts for nonpayment or delays
- Updating and maintaining inventory levels with creation of reports, postings and adjustments
- Performing filing and general administrative tasks
- Liaising with other departments/customers/suppliers
- Performing back up duties for the Billing Clerk
- Sorting, coding and entering accounts payable data
- Analyzing discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- Certificate or degree in Business/Accounting a strong asset
- Professional attitude coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, suppliers and customers
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multi-task with an eye for details
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer applications including Excel
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Customer service experience as well as previous experience handling of cash and credit cards an asset
- French language skills an asset
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email