Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia OR Remote
Ultra Maritime, is a leading partner in delivering outstanding solutions to customers’ complex problems in the defence and security space and specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. Their capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world’s long-term military programmes. Ultra Maritime employs over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. They are looking to add a Commercial Manager to their team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Commercial Manager will establish, coordinate and manage contracts with Ultra Maritimes’ customers in support of program execution and day to day business matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying key areas in contract terms supplied by other parties that would represent a significant risk to the Company;
- Leading negotiations with clients, suppliers and third parties on acceptable terms and conditions during bid/award and project execution phases;
- Managing the relationship and communication between the customer and Ultra Maritime;
- Overseeing hands-on contract documentation control from pre-award negotiations through contract close-out, including the review of contracts relative to proposals submitted;
- Preparing instructions for all contractual deliverable items;
- Engaging in all future capture efforts including providing assistance and guidance during proposal management and development, as well as ensuring that the commercial and contractual aspects of proposals are reviewed, redrafted, and submitted accordingly;
- Representing Contracts at program meetings, supporting Program Managers with SOW and contract interpretation during contract execution, and driving contractual action items to completion;
- Acting as a formal interface with customers/ subcontractors during the execution of contracts;
- Assisting with company compliance to ITAR and CCG;
- Preparing monthly/quarterly contract reports;
- Preparing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements for suppliers and customers;
- Supporting Intellectual Property and patent administration;
- Any other duties as required by the company.
As a Commercial Manager you know your way around contracts and have a good grasp of the commercial and technical issues that can arise. Your strong communication skills enable you to listen to customer needs and articulate an idea in a way that a variety of stakeholders can understand. A problem solver by nature, you are known to be able to think outside the box and see the bigger picture as you focus on solutions. You take pride in building and maintaining relationships with customers, suppliers and Ultra Maritime staff based around the globe. Ultra offers the flexibility of remote work options for this role and so the ability to work independently and be self-driven is key for the successful incumbent.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, Commerce or a related field;
- 7+ years of experience working in commercial/contracts administration;
- The ability to gain the appropriate Canadian government security clearance and satisfy all requirements to be able to work on Canadian Controlled Goods projects;
- Aerospace/defence or related business experience is an advantage;
- Experience drafting and negotiating standard supply and purchase agreements and non-disclosure agreements;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of contract law and government regulations as they relate to commercial and contracts functions;
- High level of capability with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
In joining the team at Ultra Maritime, you will be part of an organization that is being recognized globally for it’s strong performance. You’ll be a part of a team of investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers and relentless explorers in pursuit of solving complex defence and security issues. At Ultra Maritime, you will be given the tools and resources needed to succeed and develop in this ever growing industry.
About Ultra Sonar Systems - Canada: Ultra Sonar Systems - Canada has earned its reputation as an international leader in the development of equipment and systems for undersea surveillance and anti-submarine warfare (ASW). Established in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada in 1947, Sonar Systems – Canada, delivers sophisticated sonar systems to navies around the world including Multi-static Active Passive Sonar for the Dutch Navy, an Integrated Sonar Suite for the Royal Australian Navy, and the UK Surface Ship Torpedo Defence System for the Royal Navy. Maritime Systems provides unique engineering, development, manufacturing, test, evaluation, and management capabilities to develop and deliver advanced electronic, electromechanical, and underwater sensor systems. For more information, please visit https://www.ultra.group.
Ultra Sonar Systems Canada, offers a competitive salary, benefits package including 100% employer paid dental and health care premiums, life insurance, 5% matched RRSP, Bonus Plan, vacation trading, an EFAP, and flexible working hours.
Ultra Maritime is an Equal Opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from Women, Aboriginal Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email