Global Director, Total Rewards
Job Title: Global Director of Total Rewards
Since inception, crypto has been changing the world - and the Kraken team is leading the charge. Over the last decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world; they are changing the way we think about money and finance. With a staff of over 1300 in over 60 countries, the business is on an exciting trajectory and is looking to add an outstanding Global Director of Total Rewards to their Human Resources team.
As the Global Director of Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits, and Wellness) and as part of the Employee Experience Leadership team you will lead the development of company policies, guidelines, processes, and strategies, and be tasked with using your experience to provide innovative ideas and action plans. You will be tasked with building a small but mighty team of C&B professionals who will assist in the implementation of strategic compensation and benefits programs for staff located around the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using your expertise in subject matter to carry out proposals, and the execution of programs such as variable pay, health/wellness/finance, and stock option retention programs
- Evaluating the C&B needs of Kraken and proposing a strategic staffing plan for the Total Rewards team
- Analyzing, proposing, and executing on complex and/or innovative compensation and benefits programs for our globally distributed workforce while striving for continuous improvement for Kraken employees
- Providing expert level assistance to the CFO and the Finance team in stock options planning and stock option grant proposals for Board approval
- Advising the Employee Experience Leadership team and the Executive Compensation Committee on all matters related to compensation philosophy, bonuses, benefits, and the Total Rewards strategy
- Effectively creating proposals for employment strategy (employee/contractor/BPO) and benefits to all relevant stakeholders for the company’s continued global expansion
- Overseeing and ensuring proper ongoing analysis of changing regulations in compensation and benefits globally and factoring in the impact to Kraken in order to effectively propose strategic changes
- Leading all mandatory compensation and benefits reporting in accordance with compliance standards
- Working with the Employee Experience Leadership team and other stakeholders to develop objectives, set priorities and plans for the division and contribute to Employee Experience monitoring and reporting
Your passion for people and ensuring they have a positive experience during their tenure with Kraken is second to none. You understand all facets of Total Rewards including measurements that motivate and engage and retain employees. Your experience allows you to draw on a diverse range of ideas to create innovative solutions to best meet the needs of a globally dispersed, remote working team. And you’re not afraid to champion ideas that are unique and innovative; you love a challenge and taking on any project, big or small, that will positively impact employee experience.
Your qualifications include:
- Previous success in leading the Total Rewards function in a rapidly growing company through IPO and beyond
- 10+ years of professional Total Rewards or Human Resources experience with 7+ as a Compensation and Benefits Director, Manager, or Sr. Analyst, and 3+ years spent at a technology company, start-up, or high growth company that had globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international offices
- Confidence and ability to consult with and advise senior leaders
- Must have in-depth and hands-on experience successfully driving various variable pay structures, stock option retention programs, and wellness initiatives outside of standard healthcare benefits
- A passion for creating a world class people experience
- A passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
- Top notch communication skills with an ability to provide clear messaging to a variety of audiences
This is an opportunity to leverage your experience to support Kraken on its quest to become a destination for industry talent. You will be given the support and resources necessary to achieve this vision and will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team while doing so. By joining this mission driven organization, you’ll be part of a diverse group of thinkers and doers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email