Chief Technology Officer
Reference # JG-14466
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Lambda Solutions’, leaders of redefining the future of learning through innovation, to recruit for their Chief Technology Officer in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is a full-time remote role.
Lambda Solutions’ deep knowledge of open source LMS, leaning analytics and eCommerce allow for completely integrated eLearning solutions that support over two million learners worldwide.
We are looking for a highly innovative, collaborative, and resolute CTO to lead, with an emphasis on system performance optimization, the design, development, and implementation of the software architecture that integrates and connects the company's core applications. We are looking for someone who can attract industry-leading talent, build efficient team structure, and scale the development to continue to position their company as one of the industry's leading innovators.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will be part of their management team. Technical aptitude is clearly important for this position but above all else, we need someone who can lead from the front, with clear vision, direction and communication skills that enable their engineers to do their best work in an environment where teamwork shines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Engage and inspire our engineering teams to create innovative products celebrated by our customers and industry
- Align strategic business goals with technical delivery schedules. This will include high level planning and sizing of roadmap initiatives, supported by incremental agile delivery metrics for assessing and forecasting progress
- Communicate engineering progress to the organization, including regular department updates to senior and executive leadership
- As a leader, you must still be proficient in writing code
- Extensive experience and leadership in design and developing high performance, scalable, maintainable and fault-tolerant enterprise SaaS/Cloud applications that follow proven design principles
- Continuously increase test coverage, harden application security and improve system maintainability throughout the product development lifecycle
- Evaluate and propose cloud infrastructure and cost optimization strategies
- Assist with managing and forecasting departmental budgets for infrastructure, personnel, software, training and services
- Participate in Corp Dev / M&A projects
- Engage with interdepartmental steering committees and advisory board
- Recruit, hire and retain A+ talent
- 10+ years in hands-on engineering roles (4+ in senior / principal level)
- 5+ years in developing enterprise grade SaaS platforms
- Solid understanding of AWS Well-Architected Framework, modern devops practices (devops maturity framework), microservice architectures, and scaling enterprise SaaS platforms
- Solid understanding of OOP, relational database design, functional programming, and PHP/JS/MySQL Several years of experience building, leading and inspiring high-performing Engineering teams
- Strong departmental planning, budgeting and recruiting experience
- Knowledge of cloud-native architectures for building scalable, maintainable and observable systems
- A track record of adapting delivery strategies and architectures to increase deployment tempo, reduce cycle times and improve product quality metrics within a SaaS platform
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern DevOps and release management practices
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, least privilege polices and layered security models for securing and protecting sensitive data
- Ability to inspire and foster an environment of collaborative, creative problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Senior Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email