Trust Administrator (12 - 18 Month Contract)
Trust Administrator (12 - 18 months contract)
Reference # AC- 14430
Meridia Recruitment Solutions have partnered with one of the most distinguished and respected corporate law firms in Canada. Voted one of the Best Employers in Canada for the past 11 years, and winner of the Venngo Award of Excellence for Financial, Physical & Mental Wellness at the 2019 Canadian HR Awards, they are seeking to recruit the best and brightest talent.
The Trust Administrator will be responsible for executing all trust account transactions in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Deposits and invests trust funds and posts trust transactions daily
- Handles incoming and outgoing wire transactions for Trust
- Handles all aspects of trust cheques, including cheque verification, processing stop payments, stale-dated cheques and certified cheques not cashed
- Coordinates distribution of T5 and NR4 forms for interest on matured investments
- Assists at year end audit, gathers information as requested
- Works according to standardized Trust procedures, ensure compliance with firm policy and the Law Society of Ontario
- Keeps up-to-date banking records, including list of bank contacts
- Responsible for various bank reconciliations, accounts set up and tokens renewal
- Assists in projects and special assignments as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Reasonable knowledge of accounting and investment
- Law firm experience and some knowledge of the Law Society of Ontario by-laws related to trust is an asset
- Proven efficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of CMS an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective time management, excellent organizational skills as well as great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure and when dealing with changes
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Meticulous and accurate
Our client is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, a Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email