Site Reliability Engineer
Reference # JG-14425
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Redspace, a custom software company building the future of television, entertainment and learning, to recruit for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their growing team in Halifax, NS.
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will provide operational support and leadership for a suite of related ads services. Working within an engineering team, providing operational architecture planning as well as developing and reviewing metrics and dashboards. This role will monitor and provide feedback to operations and engineering for input into the problem management process. A subject matter expert, this role will be a critical part of the REDspace developer and feature team, joining daily scrums and understanding all product roadmaps.
- 5 + years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge in:
- Redis (+ElastiCache)
- Sumologic/Splunk/Nagios/NewRelic, Scripting (Bash and/or Python), Git, Ticketing Systems.
- Cloud (AWS: ECS, EC2, ELB/ALB, S3, Lambda etc).
- CDN (Akamai).
- Experience with troubleshooting live site outages and back-end performance and stability investigation (GoLang and Java based Applications).
- Setup and configuration of Operations monitoring (NewRelic/Nagios/Sumologic).
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively with a team of operations experts, developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you’re assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
Our client offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan and more. Come and work for one of Canada’s top employers.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email