Electrical Engineering Technician
Electrical Engineering Support Technician
Reference# TP- 14420
Innovasea is building a world leading open ocean aquaculture company. We are seeking an Engineering Support Technician to assist with prototyping, testing, verification and customer installations and support of our control and monitoring systems. These systems support the operationalization of open ocean fish farms around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Team Lead, this diverse position is responsible for the implementation of our newly developed systems into the commercial space. Working with engineers, project managers and field teams this team member will be critical in the build, test and deployment of our newest systems. Work will be based in the product development lab in Boston, MA, but will include supporting the production facility in Belfast, Maine as well as working with R&D Field teams in Panama and Mexico.
We are seeking an organized professional with good knowledge of electronics and control systems, excellent attention to detail and accountability. Candidate must have strong work ethic, willingness to learn and the flexibility to come up with creative solutions.
- Supporting the systems and electrical engineering teams in activities around product development and commercialization
- Perform prototype assembly builds of electronic assemblies and cables
- Perform PC board level inspections, rework and troubleshooting where appropriate
- Executing test plans and publishing engineering test reports
- Help troubleshooting of equipment on site via the phone or on location
- Help prepare training materials such as training manuals, maintenance checklists, etc…
- Soldering (including SMT rework) and Board Assembly
- Altium experience or relevant CAD experience (desired skill)
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs and VFD (variable frequency drives)
- Must be able to read an electrical board schematic and chassis schematic
- Use of test tools (Oscilloscope, DMM, etc.)
- Wire harness and cable assembly and splicing methods including potting and heat shrink
- Experience with high voltage power distribution up to 480VAC is a plus
- Must know how to use crimp tooling (with demonstrated experience)
- Attention to Detail
- Solid communications skills.
- Mechanical assembly skills are required – drilling, routing, cutting
- Knowledge of LabView (nice to have), Python (not programmer) for building test fixtures
- Familiarity with Solidworks 3-D modeling software is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Excellent phone skills
- 5 years of experience Must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Systems or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Must be capable of operating with little to no supervision. Self-starter and contributor to the team.
- Spanish Language a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Marine Electrical systems, underwater systems, and saltwater environments a plus
- Green belt or black belt in Lean Manufacturing practices a plus.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email