Director of Supply Chain Management
Job Title: Director of Supply Chain Managemen
Location: New Brunswick
Our Client, WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, they provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. They are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to their clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is going through an organizational transformation and will make significant and necessary investments to transform their systems, processes and organization, to build a workplace that delivers service with a view to meeting or exceeding their clients’ expectations. We have partnered with WorkSafeNB in the recruit of a Director of Supple Chain Management to join their team in this newly created role. This role can be done remotely but the successful candidate must reside in New Brunswick.
The Director of Supply Chain Management will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for planning, organizing, managing and evaluating strategic procurement activities for WorkSafeNB as they go through an organizational transformation of their systems that will positively impact all areas of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership, expertise, mentorship, coaching and development opportunities to the Supply Chain Management team while working to enhance departmental performance and enabling achievements of individual accountabilities
- Providing leadership by developing and implementing robust operating plans for the supply chain area that are consistent with and aligned to the overall strategic agenda of WorkSafeNB
- Establishing and developing a culture within the Supply Chain Management department of continuous improvement while striving for excellence
- Providing education and communication across the organization on the various initiatives, legislative standards or policy compliance required as an entity under public procurement practices
- Ensuring consistent and regular open and transparent communication to all levels of management and other staff on key procurement activities and expectations
- Developing and managing relationships with external agencies, and government organizations, while building business partnerships and to share best practices and policies in supply chain services
As the Director of Supply Chain Management, nurturing innovation and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement is a priority for you and you have a demonstrated track record of successfully improving upon procurement processes. An effective relationship builder, you are able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, and you have an exceptional ability to present and report on the success of initiatives in order to engage stakeholders and gain buy-in. As a leader, you welcome the opportunity to provide training and mentorship to your team and take pride in enhancing the strategic capability of your department.
Your qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 5+ years of supply chain management experience including 3+ years in a leadership or team management capacity
- Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) certification or equivalent certification would be an asset
- Experience in a public procurement environment
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken is required
By taking on this role, you will play an integral role in creating a strategic procurement environment and will be able to see the direct impact of your efforts on the team and the business. This is an exciting time to be partnering with the WorkSafeNB team supporting a transformational process that will enable the organization to provide New Brunswick’s workers and employees an enhanced level of support and service.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email