Director, Talent & Business Insights
Director, Talent and Business Insights
Reference # AC- 14396
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Toronto Global to recruit a Director, Talent and Business Insights.
Toronto Global is a not-for-profit investment attraction agency that supports the expansion of foreign-owned businesses to the Toronto Region. We represent the Cities of Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton, as well as the Regions of Durham, Halton and York, and work closely with the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, and our municipal partners to offer complimentary and customized services to growing international companies.
We assist companies by sharing market research and intelligence that supports their decision-making, and by facilitating local connections to assist with the establishment of operations in the region. Toronto Global actively promotes the competitive advantages of the Toronto Region as an ideal location for corporate expansion.
We are seeking a dynamic leader who will partner with and support our investment attraction team by providing leadership, advice, and expert intelligence on all aspects of the Toronto Region’s talent advantage. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of recruitment, talent management, and talent acquisition in general. In particular, an understanding of the role talent plays in fueling economic growth, its importance in attracting new business investment, and the connections between innovation hubs, colleges and universities and employers will be critical. Ideally, the candidate will have a high degree of knowledge in the differences in employment practices, as well as the unique value proposition between competing jurisdictions globally relative to the Toronto Region. Your ability to bring these insights to the forefront, in both advising the Investment Attraction team and Toronto Global’s clients will be imperative.
Reporting directly to the CEO with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President, Investment Attraction, this dynamic position will lead the newly created Business Insights team.
- Provide expertise and advice to the Investment Attraction team and our clients as it relates to talent acquisition and business insights
- Oversight and leadership of the Business Insights team ensuring its mandate supports and aligns to the necessary research requirements of our clients
- Develop sales tactics to enhance FDI in the Toronto Region as it relates to talent
- Manage a two-person team within the Investment Attraction department
- Support internal and external clients by providing guidance of their external talent acquisition needs within the Toronto Region, as well as critical business insights
- Develop insight and understanding into the hiring and staffing requirements of international investors looking for business expansion opportunities in Canada and North America
- Develop and maintain critical partnerships with colleges, private sector service providers and universities as well as key alumni organizations, talent experts and major employers within the Toronto Region
- Assess potential programs and candidates to ensure qualifications match for cultural fit and compatibility
- Provide integral support to the Investment Attraction team and their clients by developing data and key insights related to talent and its role in investment attraction
- Lead a highly capable and professional Research & Insights team to support the marketing and selling of the Toronto Region to international business investors
- Proactively identify, develop, and manage insights-focused strategic partnerships with various stakeholders and service providers
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, guidance and support to two direct reports
- Lead and role model a culture of teamwork, accountability, collaboration, and client-centricity
- On-going commitment and interest in updating own knowledge of the Toronto region and build a good understanding of Toronto Global’s value proposition for businesses looking to locate in the region
- Completed post-secondary education with a focus on business, education or human resources is preferred
- Previous experience as a skilled HR professional with a specialization in talent acquisition is a definite asset
- Previous experience working within an institute of learning is highly desired
- Proven track record for bringing forward new and creative solutions to recruiting opportunities and constantly seeking opportunities to improve the external attraction and recruitment process
- Develop and manage key performance indicators for external recruitment activities that align to Toronto Global and Investment Attraction’s overall KPI’s
- Previous experience with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) a definite asset
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- A proven people leader with previous experience managing multi-faceted disciplines
- A self-motivated personality that embraces change, challenge, and organizational effectiveness
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings with internal and external parties
- Exceptional presentation skills are required for this role
- Knowledge of Canadian employment law and relevant legislation is preferred
- Knowledge of sales skills and the ability/willingness to persuade and influence others
- An appreciation and understanding of the global economic and business climate
- A passion for business and the Toronto Region is a must
Toronto Global is committed to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Toronto Global is also committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, because we believe it contributes to innovation, a deeper understanding of the community we serve, and better decision-making. At Toronto Global, we are dedicated to fostering an environment focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone can show up as their true selves and live up to their full potential.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, a Senior Consultant at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruiting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email