Reference # JG-14374
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Lead Developer to join their team of passionate and talented individuals. This role can be in Fredericton or a remote opportunity.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Research, Development, and Commercialization Team, reporting to the Software Development Lead, the Lead Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to developers.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Software Architects, Software Developers and QA Analysts to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Conduct peer code reviews and provide objective feedback.
- Create a positive user experience by writing efficient code following best practices.
- Increase user engagement and the number of digital users.
- Participate in the daily stand up and other project meetings to provide updates to all the stakeholders.
- Provide technical and operational support for customers on LuminUltra’s digital platform of products.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of hands-on experience creating web / mobile applications.
- Experience managing a team of 1 – 5 people.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, SQL and Angular JS.
- Knowledge of .NET, PHP and web-based applications would be an asset.
- Experience with Spring and Ionic framework.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Experience with design and implementation of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure would be an asset.
- Customer focused experience would be an asset.
- Familiarity with performance tuning is an asset.
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Jamie Grant, Partner, at 1-902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant, at 1-902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email