Reference # JG-14347
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Redspace, a custom software company building the future of television, entertainment and learning , to recruit for a Roku Developer to join their growing team in Halifax, NS. This role can be in Halifax or 100% remote.
As a Roku Developer at REDspace, you’ll join a cross-functional team working on some of the world’s most recognized OTT applications for big media and entertainment brands including Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, MTV, and BET+. Using industry best practices, you’ll develop top quality Roku experiences that are used by millions of people around the world.
Collaboration is the name of the game in our office which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. In this role, you’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team working on creating and supporting cutting edge Video on Demand (VOD) applications. As part of this, you’ll also be working directly with clients on projects with a rapidly changing scope and feature sets.
- 5+ years of software development in applicable technologies OR 2+ years working specifically on set-top or OTT platforms.
- Experience with Roku SDK (and Brightscript) and other VOD platforms OR strong experience and understanding of C and/or Java language.
- Proficient at generating code in existing codebases and from scratch.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Memory Management
- Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints, and Kanban
- Source Code Management (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Node Ecosystem Build Tools (Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Test & Behavior Driven Development Practices
- Integrating with API’s
- Work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work individually and with a team made up of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You'll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
Our client offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan and more. Come and work for one of Canada’s top employers.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email