Manager, Group Underwriting Atlantic
Manager, Group Underwriting Atlantic
Moncton, NB or Halifax, NS
Reference # HL-14346
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-proﬁt organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being
caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the
health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth,
through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization. Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Now, on their behalf, we are looking for a Manager, Group Underwriting Atlantic to join this incredible organization.
Reporting to the Director, Group Underwriting, we are seeking a Manager to establish, administer and manage customer focused ﬁnancial solutions for the Atlantic block of business. You’ll have the opportunity to partner with other regional teams, Sales, and lead a group of professionals who ensure our ﬁnancial targets in group health, life and disability management are achieved. Candidates have the option to be based in either Moncton, NB or Halifax, NS.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing risk and management of major accounts for various lines of business within the Atlantic region
- Reviewing, analyzing and expanding on market strategies related to Group Underwriting (group rate renewals, fees, guarantees, or rate caps) of major accounts
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key external stakeholders including clients, brokers, and consultants
- Partnering and building strategies with internal stakeholders like Sales and Actuary to ensure market alignment and competitiveness to facilitate growth
- Participating in presentations for clients and consultants as required
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of experts; this includes but is not limited to performance evaluations, recruitment activities, hosting team meetings, and increasing team engagement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant and in-depth experience in finance, financial statements, team leadership and risk management
- Post-secondary education in finance, actuary, mathematics or relevant field.
- A background in Group Underwriting and GBA or CEBS designation is strongly preferred
- Advanced analytical skills using programs like Excel, R, SQL, Strata, or other data processing tools
- Ability to make the complicated, simple; effectively communicates technical results to a wide audience
- Strong business acumen: must be adaptable to changing needs and agile in response to market changes
- Self directed with high levels of personal accountability
- Excellent reasoning, judgment, negotiation, and decision-making abilities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
We’re seeking a blend of ﬁnancial expertise, leadership, and communication skills. Our ideal candidate can come from a financial background or progressive experience within Group Insurance. If this sounds like you, we would love to have a conversation. Connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email