Legal Assistant - Litigation
Legal Assistant – Litigation
Reference # AC- 14336
Meridia Recruitment Solutions have partnered with one of the premier independent Ottawa law firms with an international reputation. Their commitment to client focus and their exceptional team has helped them become one of Canada's National Capital Region's largest independent law firms with an international reputation as an industry leader. They are looking to add a Legal assistant to their Litigation team.
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documentation including extensive formatting, editing, and quality assurance
- Preparation of pleadings to be filed with various courts
- Coordinate external and internal communication including mail, e-mail, fax, and telephone calls
- Address client inquiries as required
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients and various components of the legal system
- Maintain client files
- Daily preparation of dockets
- Preparation of accounts
- Preparation of mail and courier packages
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls and maintain agenda
- Assist with other projects and support other departments as required
- Completed post-secondary education in Office Administration – Legal, or Law Clerk diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute or a suitable combination of education and litigation related experience
- Minimum of five years of law office experience in litigation
- Good knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure
- Strong working knowledge of PC desktop tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Basic office equipment experience
- Customer relations experience
- Experience preparing and editing correspondence
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize job tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to changes in schedules and priorities
- Ability to ensure consistent attention to details
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive information
Our client is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and providing a free workplace from discrimination and harassment. That means that all job applicants, employees, and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, a Senior Consultant at email@example.com or
647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruiting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email