Reference # CG - 14335
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, a prestigious construction firm in the US and Canada, to recruit an MEP Estimator.
Our client, an international construction company, is seeking a new team member to continue to grow into diverse market segments within the Canadian marketplace.
Specifically relating to the mechanical and electrical systems:
- Attend site walks and pre-bid meetings as necessary for project pursuits.
- Develops and win strategies for bid and proposal submissions.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with M&E subcontractors to ascertain the strategic advantages for the client.
- Takes the lead in developing a Conceptual estimate/GMP/ Lump sum/ Design-build bid submission.
- Acts as a liaison with external consultants and project management organizations to estimate project budget requirements and coordinates tender development process on behalf of clients.
- Prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for all (MEP) System items incorporated in the assigned scope from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work
- may be required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Extensive knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures.
- Ability to build an estimate without drawings/specifications.
- Identifies competitors and understands current market conditions.
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents.
- Solicits pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials, to ascertain the most competitive price while meeting Turner's safety and quality standards.
- Provides information and guidance to project management staff during contract turnover.
- Develop working relationships with local (MEP) subcontractors to build and maintain a list of qualified bidders for all projects.
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors to solicit accurate and current pricing of plumbing fixtures, HVAC equipment, piping & sheet metal material, lighting, distribution equipment, low voltage systems, and miscellaneous material pricing.
- Perform constructability analysis of project documents.
- Communicate design and constructability issues to the project team in accordance with the project contract.
- Provide first costs analysis and participate in life cycle analysis with the design team.
- Work together with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and requirements items are addressed in the estimate. Including, but not limited to, temporary heating/cooling, electrical, power, and lighting, including estimating electrical and natural gas consumption during construction.
- Coordinate equipment pricing with Source Blue (Logistics) for (MEP) estimates.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed (MEP) systems, materials, and equipment more cost-efficient.
- Act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, other staff, and owner's representatives to resolve (MEP) issues related to the project preconstruction efforts.
- Participate in estimate reviews with the design team and client.
- Prepare bid recording sheets and scope requisitions for the bidding/procurement of (MEP) systems; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Lead the evaluation of subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine scope coverage and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Assist project staff in evaluating large change orders where necessary.
- Understanding of MCA and NECA rates for MEP Systems.
- May supervise Assistant MEP Estimators, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns.
- Gather and analyze (MEP) System bid data for all projects using system breakdown sheets. Maintain a historical cost database of the data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of five to seven years related Mechanical/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Electrical/Technology//LV System (MEP) estimating experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience with delivering projects using CCA5a, CCA5b, CCDC2, CCDC3, and CCDC14 Prime Contracts.
- PQS designation form the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is an asset.
- Gold Seal Certification for the Canadian Construction Association is an asset.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Scopes of work and project schedule: demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Cassandra George, a Senior Consultant email@example.com or
647-888-5199 or Fay Hage, Recruiting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email