Reference # CG - 14333
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, a prestigious construction firm in the US and Canada, to recruit an M&E Superintendent.
Our client an international construction services company and leading builder in diverse market segments was recognized for undertaking large, complex projects, is seeking a new team member to help them manage their Data Center group.
- Role Description:
Specifically relating to the mechanical and/or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Low Voltage, Fire Sprinkler)
- Managing and making decisions related to work performance related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, and trade employee staffing levels.
- Completing and executing Methods of Procedures (MOP's) within operational facilities.
- Managing and executing off-hour isolations, work, and MOP's.
- Managing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule, and other appropriate matters.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Project Coordinators and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Creating schedules and determining the sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain the project schedule and budget.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Managing the billing process related to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices, and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Working with the Engineer on the coordination effort for all mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and piping layouts for all trades on a master coordination set of drawings and 3D model securing the architect's and engineers' approval.
- Leading project inspections, startup, commissioning, turnover and training process, punchlist required for acceptance, and handover of all the systems.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor subcontractors' and suppliers' activities to ensure conformance with plans, specifications, local and national codes.
- Reviewing project changes in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Keeping detailed daily records of MEPS trade contractors' work progress.
- Participating in preconstruction efforts (e.g., constructability, logistics).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or at least five years of formal engineering or architectural experience minimum of six years of mechanical/electrical/plumbing construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Possesses strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and control systems, with the ability to actively manage subcontractors through their installation.
- Experience in developing and implementing major equipment and system commissioning program and schedule.
- Knowledge of building construction means, methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings, and specifications. Specific knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of building information modeling and its use to coordinate the Mechanical, Electrical, and other project systems.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedule: demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Cassandra George, a Senior Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-888-5199 or Fay Hage, Recruiting Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email