Reference # JG-14328
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their Project Manager in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
Reporting to the PMO Lead, the Project Manager will be responsible to coordinate and plan the technical implementation and testing for a variety of small to medium sized projects, particularly those involving infrastructure. Working with both internal teams and external consultants, the position will project manage software and hardware implementations, spanning all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accountable to manage the project scope, budget and plan
- Draft and manage project plan, including dependencies with other project(s)
- Manage Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions (RAID) log
- Document and present status updates to steering committees and leadership teams; establish project governance cadence
- Manage project resources and ensure the right resources attend relevant sessions/meetings
- Manage session/meeting logistics and distribute meeting minutes
- Manage project budget, project scope and any change orders
- Help support the intake of new projects
- Monitor benefits realization and tracking
- 5-7 years of program management or project management experience
- An undergraduate degree or the equivalent work experience
- Understanding of and experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of project governance – risk and issue management resource management, management of schedule and budget , stakeholder management, project reporting and project communications
- Experience in leading complex solution implementations
- Experience in managing both internal and external teams, monitoring progress and fostering an effective working environment
- Knowledge of managing IT infrastructure projects is an asset
- Knowledge in the areas of organizational change management
- Skilled in the use of standard and agile project management tools and standard office productivity tools
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email