Manager Financial Accounting And Reporting
Manager, Financial Accounting and Reporting
Fredericton, NB or Edmundston, NB
Reference # HL-14315
Acadian Timber is a leading supplier of primary forest products in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern United States with approximately 2.4 million acres of land under management in New Brunswick and Maine. As one of the largest timberland operators in New Brunswick and Maine, Acadian has a strong track record of success and adheres to the highest standards of safety and environmental stewardship. Acadian’s business strategy is to maximize cash flows from its existing timberland assets while growing the business by acquiring assets on a value basis and utilizing an operations-oriented approach to drive improved performance.
Acadian Timber has an immediate need within their Corporate Finance Group. The successful candidate can be based in Fredericton or Edmundston, New Brunswick. Discover and develop your potential in a fast paced, challenging position that delivers superior service to internal and external stakeholders. The Acadian Timber Corporate Finance Group supports all of the public company reporting requirements for the company as well as the operations in New-Brunswick and in Maine (USA).
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare financial and management reporting including quarterly IFRS financial statements and other public disclosures as required.
- Coordinate and assist in the timely completion of monthly financial close and resulting reports.
- Compile and verify reports for subsidiary ledgers.
- Oversee accounting entries, reconcile accounts and prepare journal entries.
- Organize and control financial reporting policies.
- Analyze income statements and balance sheets along with commentaries and presentations for Senior Management.
- Research and evaluate significant accounting transactions and implement relevant IFRS accounting technical standards.
- Coordinate policy application and new accounting standards.
- Work closely with external independent auditors and assist in yearly audit and quarterly reviews.
- Maintain MS Excel worksheets for monthly and quarterly accounting.
- Assist with other accounting and finance special projects for senior management.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of annual budget.
- Other miscellaneous accounting duties, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree specialized in accounting or similar field paired with a recognized professional designation (CPA).
- In-depth understanding of IFRS (US GAAP an asset).
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel and good working knowledge of other office suite products.
- Five plus years of relevant experience directly related to the position.
- Public company reporting exposure would be a significant asset.
- Possess experience and a strong understanding of current accounting software (Microsoft GP would be a significant asset).
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills (bilingualism English/French is an asset).
- Be detailed and results oriented with the ability to multi-task (prioritize) in a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you are ready to take on an impactful and challenging position in a growing company, this is the right opportunity for you. Connect today to learn more!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email