Reference # AM-14264
Since their initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, their best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding their capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Procurement Coordinator to join their team of passionate and talented individuals.
As a key member of LuminUltra’s Operations Team, the Procurement Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure on time, on budget and defect free delivery of procured products and services;
- Analyze category spend / trends and develop and implement cost reduction strategies, involving cross functional teams, to achieve year over year cost reduction goals;
- Develop and foster strong business relationships with suppliers and internal customers (engineering, production, sales);
- Increase company's overall operational efficiency through supplier and transaction consolidation;
- Drive supplier quality programs and score cards to achieve zero NCR's on procured products;
- Administer PO's ensuring accuracy, completeness of attachments and zero variances on 3 way matching;
- Ensure 100% compliance with company's Delegation of Authority and Procurement policies and procedures;
- Obtain and maintain objective benchmarking of company's procured costs to ensure company is not competitively disadvantaged;
- Update and publish weekly delivery status reports;
- Continuously maintain the integrity of the master item commercial data;
- Proactively assess, manage, and mitigate supply interruption risks;
- Negotiate and manage supplier contracts.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years progressive procurement experience, preferably in biotech or pharmaceutical industry;
- Proficiency in supplier qualification and development, purchasing negotiations and contracting, as well as buy analysis and cost out inventiveness;
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills;
- Strong internal and external customer focus and a desire to achieve win-win results;
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Successful track record of meeting / beating cost of goods budgets;
- Demonstrated ability to work towards common business and/or team goal, resolve conflicts, communicate well with team and others, and provide and be receptive to feedback;
- Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and ERP Systems;
- Engineering or Business Degree or Diploma preferred;
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) designation an asset.
If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in LuminUltra’s rapid growth trajectory, then connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-4407 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email