Intermediate Wills And Estate Law Clerk
Intermediate Wills and Estate Law Clerk
Reference AC- 14258
Our Client is a dynamic, downtown Ottawa law firm. They pride themselves on having a team who is collaborative, collegial, creative, and who just simply love law. They are growing and are looking to expand their team! They will hire an experienced Intermediate Law Clerk to join their firm who comes with experience working within a Wills and Estates Legal Practice. They serve a wide variety of clients, from individuals to international corporations. If you are looking for a great work environment, an opportunity to produce first-rate legal work, and are enthusiastic about working on interesting legal files, then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for the right person to join their busy, growing team.
They are currently looking for someone for their Wills and Estates law practice who knows drafting of documents such as Wills, Powers of Attorney, Applications for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee, and related documentation, working knowledge of Estate-A-Base.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal, in this direct field of law
- Completion of a Law Clerk program or diploma, or Paralegal Program
- Very strong technical skills using: Various applicable industry tools, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Document Management software, PC Law and/or GhostPractice and/or Soluno, Estate-A-Base, docketing, billings
- Ability to work closely, and in collaboration with lawyers, other clerks, and staff
- Able to work and reason independently on client files
- Able to take precedents and prepare draft documents based on client instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact directly and diplomatically with counsel and other legal professionals outside of the firm, as well as with our clients
- Superior organization and attention to detail to effectively manage accurate files
- Handle all administrative duties such as email and calendars, coordinating meetings, scheduling, processing incoming and outgoing correspondence and process accounts, corresponding with clients and external professionals, drafting documents
- Initiate the organization of, and management of client files or parts of files – this will be including utilizing a document management system
If you feel you would be a great fit for this opportunity with the firm, we would like to hear from you. Please send in confidence a cover letter with your CV.
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. They are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
They foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. Our client is proud to be affiliated with several other law firms. If the right candidate is presented that may be ideal for one of their affiliates, they reserve the right to consider and extend an offer on their behalf.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fay Hage, Recruiter Specialist at Fhage@kbrs.ca. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Adam Creaghan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email