Reference # AC-14253
Meridia has partnered with the future of trucking in Bolton, Ontario. With 475 trucks, 1,400 trailers, and over 600 hundred employees they utilize technology and innovation to serve their over 1,000 customers across North America. Our client, a publicly-traded Transportation and Logistics company, is seeking their first in-house General Counsel. Come find out why Profit magazine has named them one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for 11 straight years.
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing organization's legal matters. Small Claims, Collections Issues, Labour Matters (this would be supported by external counsel).
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing organization's intellectual property.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial environment
- 10+ years post year of call.
- JD or LLB from accredited law school.
- 4+ years practice with an established law firm. Preference to Corporate Litigation and Labour firms
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- MBA or BSc or BCom will be considered an asset
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses in the Transportation industry would be an asset
- Experience with US contract and/or labour laws would be considered an asset
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" Button below.
For more information please contact Adam Creaghan at email@example.com or 647-336-1416.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email