Vice President of Real Estate
Vice President of Real Estate
Saint John, New Brunswick
AM - 14239
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, a well-established development and property management company, to recruit a Vice President of Real Estate to join their team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
With a property portfolio that includes office space as well as Residential, Retail, Commercial and Industrial spaces in many Maritime communities, our client is focused on high quality and environmental responsibility. As part of their management practice, they believe an innovative, exceptional, thoughtfully designed building can inspire great things to happen inside and around it. That’s why they construct and maintain the highest quality buildings for the communities they invest in.
Reporting to the Owner, the Vice President of Real Estate is responsible for the development, leasing, and management of all aspects of the group’s commercial, retail, residential and industrial property portfolio. You’ll work closely with the Owner, property department staff, the Vice President Finance, brokers, contractors, government officials, community representatives and tenants to identify financially attractive development opportunities. You’ll also ensure that existing properties and approved development projects are developed, leased and operated in a professional and profitable manner.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Advising on acquisition, evaluation, re-merchandising, redevelopment, leasing, marketing and management of retail, office, mixed use, multi-residential and industrial properties.
- Enhancing the overall value of the current and future real property assets by maximizing rental rates and recoveries through the establishment of property budgets.
- Maximizing positive cash flow through the planned highest and best use of the real property.
- Develop market analysis, identifying possible gaps as well as advising on strategic direction.
- Negotiating and documenting all leasing activity including offers to lease, lease renewals, assignments, sublets, expansions, and rightsizing.
- Work with government departments, special interest groups and community organizations to promote and develop support for various development or expansion projects.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of upcoming building and property lease opportunities and renewals, for government and private sector, including the monitoring of notices and cultivation of personal contacts.
- Manage the project design process including master planning, environmental approvals, traffic studies, civil works, architectural, lighting and landscaping components.
As the ideal candidate, you are entrepreneurial and strategic, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help take bold, deliberate moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment. As an action oriented, leader you are comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve your customers and business, ensuring continuous improvement across the entire portfolio. More importantly, you are an inclusive leader with a track record of building and developing teams that effectively anticipate and respond to disruption, while consistently delivering strong performance. In exchange for the knowledge and experience you bring you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation package.
Your qualifications will Include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or a related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive commercial or residential real-estate experience with a demonstrated track record of success in land acquisitions, development, leasing and construction.
- Previous experience making strategic decisions and managing a team to achieve the goals of the company regarding real estate.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in principles of site planning/entitlements, political/community engagement, and design; strong knowledge and experience in construction, finance/underwriting.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues across the organization as well as internal and external clients, landlords, and developers.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and managing all facets of real estate, construction, design, lease administration, and facilities maintenance.
- Experience with feasibility analysis, risk assessment and mitigation, entitlements and approvals, scheduling, budgeting and cost control, construction, best value issue resolution, and property transition and operations.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email