Junior Financial Analyst
Junior Financial Analyst
Reference # AC-14234
Our client, a leading international firm with Offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, Halifax, and Montreal is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to join their team in their Toronto office.
The Junior Financial Analyst will be responsible for daily/monthly reconciliations, analyzing account information and investigating and resolving reconciliation matters across all offices.
- Complete daily and monthly bank reconciliations and provide analysis of all accounts as required.
- Work closely with the Billings and Collections and Accounts Payable teams to investigate and resolve reconciling matters.
- Ensure all accounts balance and escalate any potential accounting and billing issues/discrepancies to Senior Managers.
- Take the lead in reconciling and analyzing monthly GL accounts and resolve outstanding items as required.
- Work with auditors to provide bank and GL related information as requested.
- Update daily bank balances report and identify possible cash transfers.
- Post weekly journal entries related to payroll or bank transfers and reconcile GL items.
- Support monthly, quarterly and year-end financial activities.
- Document and maintain Financial Services processes and procedures as required.
- Work with bank contacts to investigate and resolve any discrepancies or enquiries.
- Assist with reviewing AP payments and setting up New Vendors in 3E.
- Provide support and back up to Analysts, Accounts Payable and Trust teams on accounting and processing matters.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and provide analysis as required.
- Participate in departmental projects and initiatives as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or a related field, or equivalent experience to successfully complete the essential requirements of the role.
- 1-2 years of related experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services firm.
- Experience with bank reconciliations is preferred.
- Attained or working toward a professional accounting designation.
- Proficient in MS Office product suite.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and macros is an asset. Experience with Power Point, SQL, or VBA is an asset.
- Experience with 3E Financial system is an asset.
- Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficient and organized.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment including the ability to deal with confidential information with utmost discretion.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" Button below.
For more information please contact Adam Creaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email