AM - 14226
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Maritech Construction Inc, a professional design and construction firm established in 2010, to recruit a Site Superintendent to join their team in Amherst, Nova Scotia.
Providing innovative construction solutions on schedule and within budget, Maritech Construction Inc focuses on functionality and economy in design and construction, ensuring the highest standards of quality and performance that are economically sustainable, and to be responsible to their clients, employees, and the community. Offering construction services ranging from general contracting, bid to specifications, construction management and design build, Maritech Construction Inc is known for delivering on a variety new build and renovation of projects from recreational facilities and office buildings to manufacturing facilities.
As the Superintendent, you will be an on-site leader for new build and renovation construction projects, keeping project goals, execution, people and communication always top of mind. You will utilize your strong problem-solving skills and collaborate with the Project Manager, trades, other project staff and other stakeholders to ensure that construction goals are being met and that on-site staff are able to perform their jobs effectively, efficiently and safely. You will embrace being leader who will keep all facets of activity on-site organized, finding solutions to any project obstacles that may arise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team ensuring that project activities, completion dates and milestones are met.
- Be a leader from an OH&S and Environmental perspective, promote HS&E standards, policies, procedures, acts and regulations and ensure they are being followed by everyone on site.
- Establish and identify on-site manpower requirements.
- Forecast any material requirements and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to ensure that materials are supplied in a timely fashion and meet quality standards as well as receive and organize materials with appropriate teams on site.
- Recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity.
- Ensure that orientations, toolbox talks, safety meetings and training is being conducted as necessary.
This position may be the right fit if you have demonstrated success in a similar role, overseeing a variety of construction projects from start to completion, on the ground level. You are an organized, solutions focused problem solver that is quick on your feet. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment. This is a great opportunity to play an integral role in a growing company with strong roots in the community.
Your qualifications will include:
- 7+ years of experience as a Site Superintendent or other similar role overseeing all components of a variety of projects including new builds and renovations within the commercial, retail and light industrial space.
- Construction related education (certificates, diploma, degree) is an asset;
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; strong working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs and identify solutions.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Knowledge of scheduling software and other computer programs, previous experience using Procore is an asset.
- Some travel will be required for this position.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email