AM - 14225
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Maritech Construction Inc, a professional design and construction firm established in 2010, to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Amherst, Nova Scotia.
Providing innovative construction solutions on schedule and within budget, Maritech Construction Inc focuses on functionality and economy in design and construction, ensuring the highest standards of quality and performance that are economically sustainable, and to be responsible to their clients, employees, and the community. Offering construction services ranging from general contracting, bid to specifications, construction management and design build, Maritech Construction Inc is known for delivering on a variety new build and renovation of projects from recreational facilities and office buildings to manufacturing facilities.
As the Project Manager, you will put your problem-solving skills to work and recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity. Your people and communication skills will carry through to both inside and out of the organization, including with trade partner selection and coordination of their activities. Your financial management experience will be used to plan, manage and respect project budgets, costs and associated purchasing. Expertise in risk management will ensure any associated project risk is minimized. With your solution focused and team-oriented attitude, you will work with a collaborative team of construction professionals who match your drive for excellence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and provide project guidance on new build and renovation construction projects from start to completion.
- Develop and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team ensuring that completion dates and milestones are met.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with team members, trade partners, consultants and clients to achieve the project goals and vision.
- Schedule site staff and construction activities to optimize productivity and meet deadlines.
- Oversee the financials of the project you are working on, while participating in and monitoring the budget, purchasing and other costs.
- Maintain open communication and strong working relationships with clients, consultants and other various stakeholders.
- Take steps to minimize any project risk and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are being met within your project.
This position could be an ideal fit if you have experience managing a variety of construction projects, have a successful track record of being solutions oriented, and are able to think quickly to find a way forward in a challenging situation. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring a safe work environment. This is a great opportunity to play an integral role in a growing company with strong roots in the community.
Your qualifications will include:
- 7+ years of construction project management experience overseeing all components of a variety of projects including new builds and renovations within the commercial, retail and light industrial space.
- A University Degree or Technology Diploma in Engineering is an asset.
- Outstanding project leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence project teams and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues to bring the project to successful completion.
- Strong knowledge of construction and project methodologies, financial management, as well as project management and scheduling software, previous experience using Procore is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental Protection on the project.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including contract negotiations.
- PMP designation is an asset.
- Some travel will be required for this position.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email