Job Title: Senior Architect
Location: Saint John, NB
Our client, Steen Knorr Architecture Incorporated, is renowned for their work in healthcare - hospitals, long-term care, and educational facilities, their impressive portfolio and recognition to detail of client needs. This has led to them being awarded a significant multi million dollar, multi year phased hospital expansions and renovations project in Fredericton, NB. Furthermore, Steen Knorr is engaged for several health care projects in both Fredericton and Saint John inclusive of those in Behavioural Health. Due to this abundance of work, Steen Knorr is looking to add an Architect to their team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Working closely with the principal architect you will be responsible for leading architectural projects, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, and providing support to the rest of the architectural team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead architectural projects which includes design documentation and the preparation of conceptual and developed design drawings, 3D imaging, animations, and construction drawings – represented by detailed design
- Overseeing architecture projects and participating in preparing or tracking project schedules while managing communications with clients, consultants and a variety of stakeholders and ensuring a thorough understanding of their needs
- Preparing and conducting presentations and project updates with clients and working with contractors to ensure work is being carried out properly and ensuring any issues are quickly resolved
- Building and maintaining strong relationships within the New Brunswick community and your current and future client base
- Utilize Building Information Modeling (BIM) to assist in completing projects
Your knowledge of the Canadian architectural market, experience in project management within a health care, long-term care or institutional setting and your entrepreneurial mind set will set you up for success with both in-house, and with clients.
Your qualifications include:
- A degree in Architecture coupled with registration or eligibility for registration with the Architects’ Association of New Brunswick
- 10+ years of Canadian experience, with a preference given to healthcare or institutional projects
- Experience working in all phases of architectural projects, from concept through to construction completion, and work with the National Building Code of Canada, as well as other Canadian Standards.
- Project experience and/or interest in Graphisoft’s, ArchiCAD or Autodesk’s Revit along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of database and scheduling software
- Project management experience seeing projects through from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships
Steen Knorr Architecture Incorporated has developed a strong reputation for providing architectural services to the public and private sectors. Steen Knorr’s staff thrive in a progressive and collaborative environment where every person has the ability to make an impact. The successful candidate will be provided with a competitive compensation package, as well as the opportunity to take on increasing responsibility and ownership within the firm in a stable and rewarding environment.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email